etsy shop

CHECK OUT MY ETSY SHOP - CLICK HERE

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

birds in a nest


I've had this in my mind to make for awhile now and so when jaye choose the word bird as her creative prompt last friday, I knew I needed to make it.


first I drew and painted the birds onto fabric using acrylic paint and aloe gel for a medium
(thank you quilt rat for that tip)
then put them on big square of felted wool from an army blanket that I got at a garage sale new for 2 bucks - what a find that was! I got 3 of them:-)

after quilting the birds down I made my nest out of all sorts of leftover yarn that I have collected and used a wool felting tool to poke all the little fibers down to attach to the wool back - then went and used my free motion foot to sew it down more securely
I then cut off the big wool part and then zig zaged a backing on. (Sorry I didn't take more pics)

How to hang this thing was my next question - well birds nests hang in trees from a branch so I tied some yarn together, tacked it to the back and tied it to a branch for hanging.


I think it's pretty darn cool!

1 comment:

  1. It is cool, indeed. I'd have put some leaves on the branches as nesting is usually a spring event, but it's still wonderful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete