etsy shop

CHECK OUT MY ETSY SHOP - CLICK HERE

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

WIP 3/13/13

 

I can't take credit for this beauty - my mom is working on it on her camping trip no less.

 

Hand appliqué and hand quilted - nicely done :-)

Must be nice to be retired and be camping snowbirds in the winter - some day I'll get there.

 

Me, I've been spending the last few days fixing a big mistake above. I decided to try to make the sunrise sun with paint - WRONG!

 

But what the hell, ya never know until you try - it's just fabric, so I covered it all up making bigger shadows.

I think I'm going to do some quilting on it first before anything else is added -

any ideas on how to quilt this thing?

 

 

2 comments:

  1. I like the stones better with the bigger shadows. Quilt the background down flat maybe to bring the stones forward. Add some grassy type thread painting at the base of the stones and maybe just some thread painted highlights.....maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the improvements! That sun thing was a bit odd. I understand where you were going, but it was.......odd.

    Thread painting, maybe ? Actually I see it with circular echos within the rocks themselves.

    Those birds are awesome! Tell mom GOOD JOB!

    ReplyDelete