etsy shop

CHECK OUT MY ETSY SHOP - CLICK HERE

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Up North


My mom gave me this as an early Christmas present - it is hanging in my office. It is so beautiful! 
I'm dreaming of the day when I can look out my window and see a scene like this every day. 


she made it from a pattern called Up North,  by Sue Pritt


It's pretty big, measures 49" x 44"
it certainly makes a statement - perfect for my office as it needed a focal point of interest


the pattern is all fusible applique which does make it rather heavy when finished though


my mom said it was a bitch to quilt because of the heavy factor
but she did an awesome job

THANK YOU MOM!!!

3 comments:

  1. What a talented mom! You are so lucky! Mine said she was a quilter but never made a quilt, just collected quilt books that I had to clear out of the house after Katrina.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you lucky girl!! I love that so much. Your mom did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you!!! I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who refers to quilting over fusibles as a "booger"! LOL! It is lovely...

    ReplyDelete