etsy shop

CHECK OUT MY ETSY SHOP - CLICK HERE

Saturday, September 1, 2012

FMQ design inspirations

Sew Cal Gal has a Free motion quilting challenge every month with a new quilting master giving a tutorial. This month is the best one yet since she has one of my favorite quilt artists - Susan Brubacker Knapp. 
Go here to see the tutorial you will be glad you did.

I spent the last two days looking at everything differently - through the eyes of quilting designs.
I took lots of photos - here are just a few.









I have finished one of the bough above - it's not exactly like the photo but then again it shouldn't be.


I love how this came out!
thank you susan for inspiring me :-)

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you gail, so much thread work can be daunting but keeping it small (8.5 x11) or less is more doable. A great way to practice FMQ.

      Delete
  2. Oh, this is really fabulous! It's really cool how the fabric you chose makes it look like the background is out of focus, and all attention is on the pine bough. Thank you for sharing; it is so wonderful to see how different people interpret the tutorial, and how unique each person's work is.

    ReplyDelete