etsy shop

CHECK OUT MY ETSY SHOP - CLICK HERE

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

this weeks finish - barefoot canoeing

just wanted to share the quilt I just finished 
I'm showing 3 different photos to show how the different lighting effects the look. 
They were all 3 taken outside in natural light.

this was in the shade but sort of indirect light, see how a patch of light shows through on the left
this was in a shadier spot and is probablly truer to the colors in the quilt (although I like the top colors better)
but I would want to depict the actual color as best that I can

this was in direct sunlight laying on the grass - totally washed it out

I really like how this came out and like the no- binding or facing technique that I followed from Susan Brubacker Knapp at her Blue Moon River site. her quilts are spectacular and doing this gives it an "art feel".
You can see it here if interested.

this is all I worked on this week - my other UFO's are still sitting there waiting for me
So many ideas and not enough time (sigh)

3 comments:

  1. You do such fantastic work. I really, really love this quilt. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is soooooooooooo amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Just looking at it relaxes me :)
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete